COMMENTS OR QUESTION: I was just wanting to express my pleasure with your product. I have never had as much luck duck hunting in previous years as I am this year. I reside in Wisconsin and don't see many boats with the setup that I have. I have taken a couple of pictures of my boat and setup if you could provide contact information so I can send them to you. I have an Excel 1645SWF with 27 Vanguard and a Fasgrass Blind. Can't thank you enough for a great product and support staff that assisted in my purchase!
Spring Boat Prep Tips
Owner maintenance items.
- Check all wire connections - remove any corrosion. Spray with corrosion prevention
lubrications like ZEP, WD-40, etc. (available at local auto stores)
- Hulls and boat components move during use so check all fasteners and component, connections,
seat mounts, console screws and lid fasteners - tighten and/or replace fasteners as needed.
extreme use, check components and fasteners often.
- Clean windshield, seat cushions, and paint surfaces with water and plain household soap.
- Clean out bilge, remove any oil, gas or debris. Store with drain plug removed.
- Scratches should be lightly sanded and coated with new paint. See paint tips below.
Instpect any impacts for holes, cracks or stress. Repair as needed.
- Remote steer - check all connections to include the steering arm, steering wheel
and wire plugs. Repair, lubricate and replace when needed.
- Check all lights, horn and bilge pump. Clean and replace switches as needed.
- Check ropes, fire extinguisher, life jackets and other safety equipment.
- Check and lubricate wheel bearings, engine swivel points and lid hinges.